Pages

Friday, July 08, 2005

Work...

Well, I have now been back to work for two months now. I only work during the summer since I have gone back to university, and don't work while at school. I'm not the type of person who can work and go to school at the same time. I know for sure that my studies would suffer greatly if I were to work.

My job is data entry, which is basically sitting in front of a computer for about eight hours a day inputting data. It is a monotonous job, as we type in the same type of information all day. However, I am thankful that I have a job.

I was working at this job for roughly twelve years, when I quit to go to university. I felt led by the Lord to do this, so I put my trust and faith in Him and He has carried me through all of the way. One of the reasons that helped me even think of pursing university, was due to the fact that I developed carpal tunnel syndrome from all those years of constant typing day in and day out. I am thankful that the manager allows me to come back every summer so that I can save up money for school. It is definately a big help because I am making the same wage (well, actually it has increased each year some) as when I left. If I were not able to work this job, more than likely I would be "stuck" doing a minimum wage job (not that there is anything wrong with that), and not make enough money to help out with school.

As I said, I am thankful that I have this opportunity. Though it may not be the perfect job, and it may not be one that I greatly enjoy, I am greatful that I have it. Things could definately be worse...