Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Prayer To God Today

Be gracious to me, O God, according to your lovingkindness; according to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.

Against You, You only, I have sinned and done what is evil in You sight, so that You are justified when you speak and blameless when You judge.

Behold, You desire truth in the innmost being, and in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.

Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Hide Your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not case me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit.

O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.

For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Amen.

(Psalm 51: 1-4, 6-7, 9-12, 15-17)

10 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

What a wonderful prayer to start the day :)

What's my Mission said...

Great choice of Psalm.

Holly said...

Amen!! :)

Joe said...

Thank you.

I sing this Psalm frequently. Mostly to God.

Maggie Ann said...

Isn't Psalm 51 special..it not only shows us King David's heart...it shows us our own if we are truthful and humble. I love it. Jesus is the 'door'.....And yes, it is irksome to feel creative and be to tired!! Thanks Shelley for commenting at knitting kat...I enjoy your commments alot. =)

Anonymous said...

God bless you, shelley.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow I love the new look and great post!!!!! Amen and amen!!!

Dave. said...

Glad you liked the photos, Shelly. Scotland is a beautiful country and myself & Kriss are fortunate to live in an area of Scotland that has so much gorgeous countryside. We are also just a few minutes from the coast of the Moray Firth which has so many good beaches and interesting fishing villages.

With regard to your post about friends and friendship I have also struggled with this. I am blessed in that my best friend is my wife Kriss but as a child and a teenager I felt lonely and remote. There was a group of five of us, in my late teens, that had about 3 - 4 years as close friends but once I left home to join the military those friendships diminished and until I met Kriss I didn't have any real friendships. I am now in the blessed position in that I have some very real friends because of Christ. My pastor is my best male friend and there are a small number of people, male & female, who I know would be there for me whatever the circumstances. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you let Him then the Lord will direct you in your friendships. I think that it is important for Christians to have a small, intimate [non-sexual] group of fellow believers as their close friends. But it is also important to be open to friendships within the 'world' so that you can share your faith.

May God bless you in your friendships. You are in my prayers.

Jenny said...

God bless you.

AMEN!!!!

Jennifer said...

A heart "Amen" to that!