Pages

Monday, November 21, 2005

Just An Update

Just wanted to let everyone know about the situation with my paper for Reformation class.

I talked to someone from the registrar's office, and she informed me that the cut off day to drop out of classes for the fall semester wasn't that long ago, maybe two weeks. If I drop out of the class now, it is an automatic 'F' and not a "WF" (withdraw fail). So, I really have no choice but to stay in the class and just do what I can. She also informed me that even if I walk out of that class with a C- for a mark, it won't bring my GPA down all that much (maybe from a B to a B-), and she also reassured me that it wouldn't have that much effect on me for the education program. She said that marks are only worth about 25% of the overall assessment, as there is also an essay to write, references and an interview as well. I felt better after talking with her.

So, I trudged on yesterday afternoon and evening working at my paper. I worked at it until about 12:30 am and went to bed, getting up at 6:00 am to work on it for another four hours. I went to class today, figuring that I would come home and work on it again for another 2 1/2 hours and drop it off by the cutoff time. However, when I got to class, the prof said that there were a few people who had asked for extention dates because of books not getting in on time (through interlibrary loan) and he gave them extra time. He said if anyone else was in the same boat and wanted to get extra time to come see him after class. I went up and told him that was my situation as well and he asked how long I would need. I told him I had checked my email during class (yeah, I know I shouldn't have been doing that during class, and normally I don't) and had gotten an email saying my books were in, though it didn't say how many had come in. I said I would do my "absolute bestest" (and yes that's the way I said it) to get it in on Wednesday. I didn't want to say the end of the week for two reasons: 1. I didn't want him to think I didn't have much of it done (I had about half or a little more done at this point) and didn't want to press my luck, and 2. I have another term paper to work on for next Tuesday. So he said to try to get it in on Wednesday and if by then I still needed a couple more days if my books didn't all come in, then he'd see to pushing it to Friday or Monday.

The only reason he was willing to let us have an extention for this situation was because our presentations for these paper topics isn't for another couple of weeks. Had we had to start them today or Wednesday, he wouldn't have done it.

So, I feel that God is working through this all. I prayed on Saturday night (when I wrote the last post) and told God that whatever He wanted for me with this class - to drop it or stay in - I would do, and He would have to help me with this because of the book situation I was in. He has followed through. I felt that He wanted me to stay in the class and not take the easy way out (dropping it), so I stayed. I really believe God worked in this situation for me, because normally this prof wouldn't have allowed an extention for something like this. I guess this is what they call grace maybe...whoever it's from, the prof or God, regadless I am grateful for it.

Tonight, I need to work on a book review that is due tomorrow (Tuesday), and then I will be working on this paper Tuesday...oh and I have to remember I have a small quiz in this same class for Wednesday.

So, off I go to do more schoolwork. God bless, and have a Christ filled day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good. i'm glad you were given ample time to finish your work. you'll do great. i'm sure you will.

praying for you...

Jenny said...

Bless you!

*prayers*

What's my Mission said...

Hey Shelley:
Glad you got a reprieve... PHEW!!! Just keep on trucking... It will all be over in a couple of weeks and we can put our feet up and relax for a month... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Jennifer said...

Isn't God awesome?! He's got your back. Just relax and rely on Him.

:0)

Maggie Ann said...

It's good to read that you have been given the time you need...by Him who doeth all things well. Its a blessing to be reminded that God knows and supplies our every need. I need the Lord to lift me up daily, how about moment by moment! Blessings to you Shelley! Hope the time is sufficent and profitable for you to get the paper done. Saying a prayer for you!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome answer to prayer, and a great encouragement, to know that God has you right where he wants you, and all that you are given is from Him. Your grades are more dependent on His mercy than book knowledge, Your an inspiration for me, I'm going to do just what you did, pray and do it, thanks and have a great thanksgiving!!!

Joe said...

Time extensions are collegate life-savers!

Matthew said...

God is working in this. I know it. He wants you to make it through, since he started you down this path in the first place. This is one of his good gifts. One of many. :)

Katie said...

prayers for endurance, words, and a light at the end of the tunnel. You'll make it and better a better woman on the other end.

Pilot Mom said...

Shelley, I'm so glad that you were able to get the extension. What a testimony to your faithfulness to God!