Pages

Sunday, August 07, 2005

School Days...Or Should I say Daze

Well, school will be starting again before I know it. It is a mere 4 1/2 months away! The school sent out an email on Friday reminding everyone to submit their courses for registration by August 19th. I haven't submitted mine yet, because I had tried to contact the registrar via email and it took about a month before I heard that my best bet is to make an appointment to come in and see him.

Well, here is my problem. Their office closes at 3pm, and I work usually until 4:00 or 4:30, so I can't get in. Now, I finish my job for the summer on August 19, the day I need to have my course selections in. If I don't get them in by then, the only other time I can register is on September 6 and then run the risk of not being able to get the required ones I need because they might be full. Arrrggghhh!!! What is a girl to do?

Here is what I have decided:

1. Pray and ask for help and guidance from the Lord
2. Pick what courses I think I need to complete my requirements
3. Scream and freak out a little
4. Send an email to see if the Advanced Hebrew course will in fact be offered this year
5. Pray some more
6. Take a few courses and hope they are allowed for electives
7. Keep going over the list of available courses hoping to see if new ones miraculously appear on the paper that I could take
8. Check my email to see if I receive an answer about the Advanced Hebrew
9. Pray some more and hope for the best
10. Wait until registration day at school to confirm my selections to see if I have what I need and if not adjust the courses

I need to sign up for at least 4 courses each semester because I get a student loan. In order to receive that, I must be enrolled as a full time student. A full time student is one who takes 4 or more courses.

So, I would greatly appreciate any prayer about this "ordeal". God bless and have a Christ filled day!

1 comment:

~Suzii~ said...

You are far more brave than I. I think I would have had "Scream and freak out a little" in between every other one!! I have toyed with the idea of going back to school... but time and money does not allow it at this point in my life. (Besides, I have NO idea what I would want to learn) You will be in my thougts and prayers.