Pages

Monday, August 22, 2005

Highly Commended

Wow! I read my email this morning and saw that there was a message saying that my entry to the first writing challenge I had actually entered (not the one that I shared a couple of days ago) with my short story called Not By Sight had had a comment posted to it. Well, I went and checked and the person who gave the comment (a good one) also said congrats on winning. I was dumbfounded...what did she mean?

So, I headed over to the site and logged in. I had forgotten that today is Monday, the day they announce the winners to the previous week's challenge. So, I clicked on the spot to read the winners. I was in the beginner category, so I didn't have far to look. I managed to get a "Highly Commended" position. They have a first, second and third place as well as two highly commended. I didn't place in the top three, but it was still a "win". Out of all the entries (and there were a lot) I managed to get that spot! And this was on my first "real" entry!

I'm still in a little shock over it. I NEVER expected it to win or get the HC either. I give ALL praise for the positive comments and the win to the Lord. I prayed for the words to write. I prayed that someone, even if it was just one person, would get something from the story. I want to use my writing as a way to glorify Jesus. I may post it at a later date here as well for you all to read too.

Thank you Lord for this Highly Commended spot in which my story placed. Thank you for the words I used. I give all the praise to You!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations, girl!

MaY said...

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS SHELLEY! You deserve it! You've worked so hard for it..WOW....! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :-D

Unknown said...

Woo hoo!!!! That's great! I've get to get the "up the nerve" to enter!

Super job!

~Suzii~ said...

YaY!!! Waaa Hooooo! Yipeeee! Praise the Lord and all glory to him! If I could stand as many people... I would do "the wave" for you!! I am excitedly happy for you getting your message out there! God is so awesome! You have great courage to do that! Thank you for sharing!

Joe said...

Congratulations! See, we told you you could do it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! But you didn't tell us where we could read the story--unless I missed it. :)

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Congratulations on the HC...Good job. Oh, I forgot to comment on your template.....You're a girl after my own heart:-)

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Awesome, how exciting and just think this is only the beginning!!!

Darlene Schacht said...

You rock! That is so great, but I knew you could do it.