- Two separate families in my city have each lost a daughter (one was 21, the other 25) in separate car accidents. Please pray for these families during this rough time. The accident in which the 25 year old was killed also had the driver of that vehicle rushed to hospital, but he has non life threatening injuries.
- The country of Niger is in desperate need of food, especially for over 800,000 children under the age of five.
- Please remember to be in continual prayer for our pastors. Pray that they will have the boldness to speak the words that God has given them, pray that they will preach the Truth, pray for protection for them and their families, and for their marriages.
- Pray for the leaders of our countries. Pray that the Lord will place good, strong Christians in the various government offices to help guide and lead our countries.
- Please pray for May and her husband at http://maygozun.blogspot.com
- Please pray for Hannah at http://www.mybwokinwagun.blogspot.com (her post from August 5) that she will have clairty to know what she should do when she graduates from high school this year. Pray that the Lord will guide her and that she will seek His wisdom in what she should do.
- Please pray for Suzii at http://ladyofgrace.blogspot.com for her health, and that she will be back to work full time by next month. She has requested heavy duty prayers for this.
- Please pray for Mark (at http://washingtonbackpacker.blogspot.com) and Dave as they work out all the details for their upcoming ministry to the people of Seattle. They would like praye for wisdom and humility in this.
- Please pray for me, that I will grow more in my relationship and walk with Jesus. Pray that I will be more obedient, and that I will spend more time with Him than I have been lately.
I hope all mentioned here do not mind that I have posted prayer requests for them. Of course there are many more who need our prayers, these are just a few that I have come across. We are told in the Bible to share one anothers burdens, and a great way to share in this is to pray. By putting our focus on our brothers and sisters, as well as others who need prayer, we take the focus off us and our problems and that helps illiminate selfishness and selfcenteredness (because the focus is not on us). May God greatly bless you for sharing in the burdens of others.