Woo Hoo!! I have success at last!! I finally fixed my blog...yet again. I kind of cheated though. I had to go in and 'create' a new blog with the same template as this one so that I could go and compare what, if anything, was missing or added to my template to mess it up. Turns out as I was trying to get the count down clock thingy up above all fixed on, I somehow managed to delete the line needed in order to keep the lighter pink colour all the way down on the main blog area and the sidebar. Sheesh! So, I did a simple copy and paste job and voile! It worked. Then, I went in and deleted the other blog. Now, if I am smart (the jury is still deliberating on that one), I will do as Nettie suggested and keep a copy of my template cut and pasted in MS Word so that if anything happens again, I will still have it this way...Oh, and thanks to the one (sorry, I forget offhand which one of you it was) who told me how I could center the countdown clock...as you can see, it worked! Thanks again!
Ok...now, to get down and busy posting again.