Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

First off, I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for their prayers. I have surely felt them. Even the next morning after having written the previous post I felt much better!

I have contacted the registrars department and she told me that the other Sunday School teacher that I help with can be used as my 3rd reference. That was a load off my mind because I had absolutely no idea who I could use for that one. I also emailed the prof that is on sabatical and asked him for a reference. He emailed me back the next day and said he would love to give me a reference (I have to recontact the registrar to see if he can email it or if it should be sent snail mail). He told me that he misses teaching me this year because I am such a diligent student who always has her work done! That was a very encouraging email for sure!

I have been praying and giving the whole situation to the Lord and doing my best not to worry about it (regarding the education program), and I have asked the Lord to help me with this. I have repented of my unbelief (and thank you to those who helped me to see this clearly, that it was unbelief) and told God all about my fear and such...though I know He already knows all about it. So, I am feeling much better now; again thank you so much for your prayers!

Now, onto other things. I want to wish each of you and your families all the best for a Christ filled 2006.

Service was great this morning, and the pastor talked about staring over; starting new. He said that it can be something that we need to do daily, hourly or even by the minute. He said that we all fail at something, and instead of sitting back and saying something like 'Well, I failed at that so I'm not going to do that anymore', we should just get back up on the horse. Now, we can't do this on our own. Any new start that we decide to do needs to involve the Lord. Jesus needs to be at the head of it. It doesn't matter what the new start is in - it can be anything and everything. Maybe it is a new start to a healthier lifestyle, a new start to improving prayer life or spending time with the Lord...anything at all. The point is, we need to start. We don't have to accomplish the thing in its entirety all at once (a lot of things take time to change), but we need to pick a point at which to start and then start.

I know there are many things that I can start anew, I just need to actually start. My problem lies in procrastination! That is something that I have to overcome, but it is not something that will disappear overnight...at least I don't think it will.

Do you make New Year Resolutions? I don't tend to make them, mainly because I never stick to them, even if I start out doing so. I'm terrible for that sort of thing. I expect somewhere out there in the world are a handful of people who can actually stick to their resolutions, but like I said, I am not one of them. So, I won't sit here and bore you to death by telling you my list - because I don't have one. Sure, there are things that I would like to accomplish this year, things I would like to start afresh, try some new things but that isn't the same as making resolutions...at least I don't think so, because I am not resolving to do them. I am just simly stating that they are things I would "like" to do, but it won't make me a weaker person if I don't. I guess you could say they are goals that I would like to accomplish, but they things that are a "must do". Anyway, I think I am just rambling on now and not making much sense.

So, as the new year of 2006 begins to unfold, may your new year be one filled with hopes and dreams, accomplishments and desires being fulfilled. But most of all, may it be one filled to overflowing with the Love of Jesus shining in and through you, spilling over into those around you. God bless!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Bless your heart. **hugs** and Happy New Year!!

I am so glad that your prof agreed to give you a reference! And your pastor is right, keep on keepin' on.

:-)

mreddie said...

As your pastor said, we can start again and even when we feel we have been knocked down, just get back up and start again.

Our message this morning was from Proverbs 24:3. Building our house by wisdom - establishing it through understanding and furnishing it through knowledge. It was much better than this poor outline could describe.

Right at the end of service, three questions came to me that had to do with resolutions after a fashion. The first was - Where are you? Physical conditioning, relationship with my wife, relationships with my daughters and grandchildren, mental conditioning, but most of all with God. Then the question - Where do you want to be? What are my goals in these areas? And the last question - How and when will I start toward these goals?

These are tough within myself but with God all things are possible.

May your year overflow with love and peace! ec

Anonymous said...

shelly, thank you so much for praying for my mom. i pray that this year will be a great year for you too. may you be blessed more. happy new year!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

oh, shucks, there's the typo again. i mean shelley.