Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's A Sunshine Sweet Day

What a beautiful day it is today. The sun is shining and the mercury is above the freezing point! According to the icon on my computer, the temperature is +4C.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me - two presentations on Monday, I have to read three chapters for one of my classes (with a quiz on them on Monday), I have an article review (one page) due on Tuesday, I need to work on my portfolio that is due in a couple of weeks, plus several other pieces of homework that will be coming due soon. On a positive note, classes finish in less than a month!

I found out yesterday that the pastor emeritus (not sure on the spelling of that) of my church passed away through the night - early yesterday morning. He was such a kind man who loved the Lord with his whole heart. He also used to be the senior pastor at my church in the '70s. Please pray for his family. The funeral is on Monday.

Tomorrow at church we have a believer's baptism. I think the pastor told us last week that there are four or five people being baptised! Praise Jesus! One of the people being baptized is a teenaged girl I have taught in the midweek program from when she was in grade 2 until she was in grade 5. Her father was my first Sunday School teacher when I started coming to this church and had just become a Christian. He also read my testimony when I was baptized at Easter in 2000. I'm thinking of bringing my camera and taking some pictures for her and her family.

Well, I best head off and get some lunch and hit the books again. I'm starting to freak out and feel overwhelmed with my math presentation on Monday. I'm terrible at math and we are doing our presentation on fractions - something I don't feel confident with (truth be told, I don't feel confident with any math). Please pray for that as well.

Have a blessed and Christ-filled day!