Pages

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Ok, so I'm a couple of days late posting my New Year's greetings. But, it is still early so I think it's fine to still be wishing a Happy New Year to everyone!

New Year's Eve was pretty quite for me. I stayed home and spent some quality time with Richard Dean Anderson! Ok, so he was actually on the screen of my laptop (I was watching season 1 of Stargate SG-1 yet again. Just finished watching season 10 of my DVD boxset recently so I started over.)...

We had some snow that started late in the eveing of New Year's Eve, and through the night it and the wind picked up. The storm stopped some time during the afternoon on New Year's Day, but the wind stuck around blowing snow everywhere. I was quite content both days to just stay home.

I've not really set any new year's resolutions. I never keep them. I would like, however, to start eating better, getting more exercise, spend more time reading my Bible and getting into it, develop a better prayer life, become a better friend, work more on my writing (take it a little more serious than I have been), and develop my photography using my new Pentax digital SLR camera. Are these resolutions? Maybe. But I prefer not to look at them that way - or I won't stick to it, hehehe.

School starts back up on Monday (the 5th), which reminds me...I need to check an email one of the profs sent all of us in the Ed. program. Two of the classes that start Monday are postponed until Wednesday and if I don't need to go, then I won't. I think, offhand, one of the classes affects me, but the other might not.

I'm not sure if I'm excited or not to start back for the second semester. I've worked from the day after school finished back on December 8th, right up until this past Monday, December 29th. So, I've only had four days vacation really. Part of me would like to have more time off to relax and not have to do anything; the other part hasn't made up its mind yet. But, regardless of whether or not I want to go back, I have to. January 5th marks the beginning of the second semester, and it's creeping up quickly!

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with Lorie and Sarah, the two girls I went to Korea with. We're going for coffee in the morning, and have some catch up time. Lorie is the only one of us who decided to stay in Korea another year. She was able to get a couple of weeks off to come home for Christmas, so that was nice. I think she has to go back very soon though.


Also, tomorrow sometime (depending on the weather and if it's too cold or not), I'm supposed to get together with a friend from university and go on a photoshoot. She's a good photographer and after I got my new camera, she said she'd take me out and show/tell me some hints and tips to take better pictures. Hopefully it won't be too cold and the weather won't be too bad; I'd like to go on the photoshoot.

Well, I'll end for now and hope you have a Christ-filled day/night! Blessings in Him!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Happy New Year Shelly