Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

It's Boxing Day

It's now the day after Christmas, Boxing Day. I know many place will have their sales on today and tons of people will have been shopping for great bargains all day. Here, where I live, the stores are closed until tomorrow when the sales will begin. I'm unsure if I'll go to any of the sales. Sure, there are some fabulous bargains to find out there, but I don't particularly want to deal with the crowds. We'll see though.

Christmas was pretty quiet on the homefront. My younger brother and his family didn't get up yesterday. He had to work Christmas Eve as well as today, so he didn't want to take a chance on getting here and having bad weather to contend with. We totally understand and we don't fault him at all. My older brother and his wife were here, and my mom also invited her best friend from high school and her husband for Christmas dinner. They are a nice couple; he is quite quiet, and she can talk your ear off and then some.

Dinner was scheduled for 1:00; Mom's friends showed up at 12:00 and we didn't have much of anything prepared. We had also just begun opening presents - actually only one present was opened when the doorbell rang. So, we put that off until after they left, which was around 4:00.

I was afraid the day would be quite sad, since this was the first Christmas since Dad died. I was totally fine though. I didn't feel sad, but it did feel like someone was missing - and there was. But we got through the day. The night of Christmas Eve, I didn't sleep too good though. I had a couple of bad dreams, and woke up with my heart beating quite fast.

We've had a real mixed bag of weather lately again. The 24th had started with a light, consistant snow, changed at some point to rain, then back to snow. The 25th had strong winds (which started through the night), rain during the night, but was sunny and cold during the day. The winds kept up most of the day and into the evening. Today is sunny and cold. From my understanding, it's supposed to be quite cold over the next few to several days.

Not much else to report at this time. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that you will have a safe and happy New Year filled with the blessings of Christ!

3 comments:

donna said...

Hi Shelley...

It has been a long time since we have connected....please stop by anytime or feel free to email me.....

God's blessings to you and your family....

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I always enjoy meeting new people. I hope you will return :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

I've been playing catch up today. I've not visited a lot of blogs in a long time.
It was good to catch up with yours today.
Every blessing to you and yours in this New Year.