Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

Well, I've been back to school now for a week. Second semester started this past Monday, and I can tell already, from each and every syllabus I got, that it's going to be a busy semester again. However, I know I can do it. I got my marks in my mailbox (at school) on Monday, and I got an A+, an A- and four A's - not too shabby. The course requires you to get no less than a B or B- (I forget which offhand) average.

I've been continuing my Bible readings every night, but I must say that in many cases I have just been reading - no meditating or anything like that. That's not what I want to do. I want to get into the meat and potatoes of it all again, and get really grounded in The Word. So, I need to do something about that. I want to join a small group at church, but the only thing is most of them meet during the week in the evenings, and that's not a good time for me during the school year. The other ones also meet at times that don't work for me. And, I am in no position to start one up myself. I don't have the time to commit to being a leader or even hosting one. So, I guess for now, I will have to stick to the Sunday school class I'm attending - unless I'm able to get to a Bible study here and there during school.

I will say that recently I have been trying to memorize Scripture. Since starting the Sunday school class I'm currently involved with, I have memorized Ephesians 3:20-21 and all of Psalm 1. Not sure where I'm going from here, but I want to pick something else to memorize. I'm currently doing my Bible readings in the Psalms, so maybe something from there would be nice again.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet up with a friend from when I was enrolled in my B.A. at university. She was in a few of my classes. Anyway, she is a good photographer and since I'm relatively new to digital photography (though I did do some 35mm photography...took a course in it), and she said she'd help me taking pictures. We were thinking of going outside somewhere and taking pictures, but due to time constraints, we are just going to go buy a bouquet of flowers and she's going to help me practice macro photography with the flowers. She's also going to instruct me on some portrait photography too. I'm really looking forward to this. I enjoy photography!

Well, I guess I will end for now. It's getting a little late and I'm tired. I have to be over to her place for just after lunch. I'm not sure if her husband will be there (doesn't matter if he is), or her daughter. But, we have to finish before supper since she had to take her daughter to work for 6:00. I'll try to get on tomorrow and update about the photography session, and maybe even post some of my shots if they turn out decent enough.

Have a blessed, Christ-filled day!