Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

A Mixed Bag Post

We've been having a real mixed bag of weather lately - everything from snow, rain, sleet, freezing rain, very cold temps, double digits above zero temps, wind...you name it pretty much. The weather is all over the place it seems. Very odd in my opinion...

Things are going pretty well here. I've started working at my old job and will probably stop the Monday after Christmas. I'd like a few days off to relax before starting back to school on January 5. It didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things at work, so that's nice. It was good that they let me come back so I can earn a little money to help with school, etc. I'm very fortunate to have been able to rely on them all through out my university experience.

So far my mom and I are doing well with regard to Christmas. This will be the first one since Dad died (nearly four months ago). I expect that as it gets closer, and more than likely on Christmas day, there will be some sadness. But that's normal. I know that the Lord can help us get through this tough time, though. She was doing up the Christmas cards a couple of weeks ago, and she asked if she could put my name on them as well. I said it was up to her, and asked why. She said it looked strange to only have one name at the bottom. I think it made her a little sad not needing to write Dad's name there as well. I know that seeing the Christmas cards coming in the mail address with only Mom's name on the envelopes looks odd - it just doesn't seem right or something...I'm actually getting a little teary-eyed just thinking about this now.

One of my brother's and his family may not get up for Christmas. He has to work Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, and he lives about three hours away in the next province. He doesn't want to come up for just one day, especially if it were to storm and he'd be stuck here and unable to get into work. He said if they do come up it will be on the weekend, which is fine. However, I also think that part of his not wanting to come is that Dad's not here and he doesn't want to have to feel sad. I'm sure he will anyway, but somehow just being here makes it that much sadder. I totally understand, and I know Mom does too.

My other brother and his wife will be here Christmas Day. Then, the next day possibly...if not that day, then the day after for sure...they will be leaving to go on a trip to Cuba (I believe that's where they are going). I'm sure the rest of Dad's family will be up to visit during the holidays, and I'm going to try to get Mom to go visit the family as well...if she's up to it.

Again, I know the Lord will help us get through this. He's the only one who can give us the strength we need at this time.

In other news, whoever reads this, can you please pray for my friend "F". She is going through a really rough time and needs the Lord's intervention. This is the type of situation, I believe, that only He can help her to overcome. She needs to face a serious situation, and she's running from it (a natural instinct). Please pray for her.

Well, I am off to do a little reading before bed. Have a Christ-filled day!

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that
we ask or think according to the power that works within us.
To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations
forever and ever, Amen. (Eph. 3:20-21)

2 comments:

PJ said...

I have an older friend that just lost her hubby of almost 56 yrs marriage last month...this time of year is just so hard. I think that is sweet she asked if she could write your name next to hers..she needed that closeness. Peace this time of year to your family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.