Pages

Monday, December 08, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Today is freezing! It's been somewhat chilly/cold lately, but nothing too bad. Yesterday it even rained in the late afternoon/early evening. Probably a few hours later, the rain had turned to snow. I think, though, there was still rain mixed in. When I woke up this morning it was VERY windy, more snow (roads needed to be plowed) but nothing too serious. There was also ice everywhere (the parking lot at school was nearly an ice rink and I almost slipped and fell a couple of times). It took awhile to get the car scraped off, thankfully my mom did most of it while I was getting ready for work. I told her not to, that I'd do it, but she went ahead and did it anyway. I have a fabulous mom!

Things have been going better spiritually for me. I've been reading my Bible every night since starting this Sunday school class, and praying more often too. It's amazing how your outlook and thoughts, etc. can change when you are in the Word and praying. It's so easy to loose focus when you aren't looking to the One who gives us eternal life.

As of tonight, I am officially on Christmas break. I had my last class this afternoon, and we don't have any exams in the Ed. program - which I am thankful for. However, I've decided to do some work for a couple of weeks (I'll take the week of the 29th off so that I can have somewhat of a break) so I can have a bit of money. I got ahold of my old boss and asked if it would be possible for me to come in for a couple of weeks (that is if they needed the help), and she said they'd love to have me. That was great. I'm actually kind of excited to be going in, and looking forward to starting tomorrow. However, I'm sure the novelty will wear off by around 3:00pm when I won't be able to come home and have a nap! I'll have to make sure to bring a mug with me tomorrow so I can have some coffee!!

Well, I shall close for now and go work on some knitting. It feels a little odd not having to work on homework and presentations - I can actually get back to my knitting, which I haven't had much time of late to work on. I can even work on my novel which has been extremely neglected because of school work.

Have a Christ-filled day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley,

It's cold and icy and snowy here too!!!!! I am glad things are going better for you. SO MUCH BETTER than a year ago when you were so sad because you were away.

LOVE YOU GIRL!

***hugs***