Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Am Thankful For...

This week, I am thankful for:

1. Friends.

Friday evening I got together with three co-workers and we had an enjoyable evening playing Dutch Blitz. I am getting better at this game, and came in second place, and wasn't too far off from the winner. We had a lot of laughs, talked and ate some snacks.

Saturday, three different co-workers and I got together for supper. We had good food (I had the chicken teryaki (sp?) rice bowl, which was delicious), good conversation and more laughs.

2. The Northern Lights.

Normally when my co-workers and I get together, we don't stay out too late. However, Friday night we left M's place shortly after midnight. I happened to glance out into the distance (we were on the outskirts of the city) and saw what I thought was just the glow from the city lights. I kept looking as I didn't think they were the lights. I asked A if I was seeing the Northern Lights or not, and she said it was. A, D and I stood there a few moments watching. They weren't spectacular and bright, just kind of pale green - almost white. They did dance in the sky a little, shifting and changing.

I've been living here for eight months now, and this was my first time seeing the Northern Lights! I'm able to cross that off my bucket list - sort of. I did re-add it and tweak it a little to now read that I want to see a spectacular display of them.

3. Rain.

I'm thankful for the rain, because it wasn't snow. And, we also need it (the rain that is, not the snow).

Of course there is a lot more I'm thankful for, but it's late and I'm just going to keep this post short. I've had a cold these past few days, though it feels like it may be going away now (hopefully). Wednesday evening my nose got quite stuffy - the way it does when I get a cold; but I didn't feel sick, didn't feel like I had a cold. I felt fine the next day (my nose wasn't stuffy either), but by the end of the day my throat was getting sore. So, I ended up getting a cold afterall. The sore throat is gone now, thankfully, and I'm taking some cold pills and they are helping. Hopefully this cold doesn't last much longer.

What are you thankful for this week?