Pages

Saturday, June 02, 2012

It's Already June!

In my quest to read the Bible by the end of 2012 (remember, I only started in April), I am now up to having completed 30 of the 66 books! Almost half-way there!  I have no order in which I'm reading the Bible, but I was focusing on the shorter/smaller books first - mostly due to being busy with work and wanting to see progress on this endeavour (I'm an instant gratification sort of girl).

In other news, I've decided to try another church. The one I've been "attending" since I moved here really isn't doing it for me. I just haven't felt connected and still feel like such an outsider. And, because I never felt connected, I didn't go every week.

About three weeks ago, I went to another church. It's one that one of my co-workers goes to, and she suggested a few months ago that I should give them a try. So, I finally did. I must say that I felt a different atmosphere there - friendlier.  That particular day, four of us were there and sitting together (maybe that helped me feel a little more included), and at the end of the service, one of the families from our school came up to A (my colleague) and invited her over to their place for a BBQ (A also teaches their youngest son, and I'll be teaching him next year). They told her she could bring her friends along as well, but I was the only one who went with her. It was very lovely and I enjoyed it. 

I didn't go the next week as I hadn't got much sleep the night before and overslept in the morning, but I did go again last week, and I'll be going tomorrow as well. I am going to inquire about Bible studies/home groups as well, but where it is now June, I would imagine that most will be ending for the summer. Besides, I'm heading back home for the summer so I won't be here then anyway. I would like to join a Bible study/home group in the fall though, so hopefully there will be some that aren't focusing on marriage, raising kids, for seniors, or young adults.

In school news, we have 8 more school days left (not counting weekends). I feel so ready for a break right now, and have lots to do once school ends. I may be moving classrooms, and if that is so, then I'll have to pack up grade 3 related things and move them to a new room (I'm not doing a split class next year, so I won't be taking any of the grade 4 items...unless they are things that I bought or created myself (I'll just store them for the future if I end up with grade 4 in the future).  I also need to organize my things, organize the class, create some lesson plans, and I want to prepare as much as I can before I head out for the summer, since I won't be here until towards the end of August so I wouldn't be able to pop in during vacation to set things up. I'll have about a little more than a week to prepare once I get back, and I don't know if that would be enough time to do it or not. So, since we are supposed to stay until the end of June (according to our contracts), I should be able to get some things accomplished in that time.

What's new in your life? Do you have plans for the summer? Let me know!