Pages

Thursday, October 01, 2009

There really isn't a whole lot happening in my life right now.  I'm still in limbo as I wait to attend the supply teaching information session that is being held October 26th.  I found out this morning that I have been accepted to attend (this session is by invite only).  I'm excited for this, and yet nervous.  I've heard some of my classmates (some are taking a few classes they have left in order to complete the Education program; some, like me, have finished and are waiting for graduation and teaching licenses) they aren't getting very many calls to supply.  I am hoping (selfishly) that they just didn't renew with the district to keep their name on the list.  I would, after all, like to get enough work to have a steady flow of income coming in.  I still have bills to pay.

I've been dabbling more in my photography.  I still have lots to learn, but I am enjoying taking photos.  I'm also enjoying learning to use Photoshop Elements to edit my shots.  This week I found out a better way to convert colour photos to black & white.  I was doing it one way, but this new way adds more oomph to the photo. 

I'd like to get out soon and take some pictures of different things.  I've focused a lot on flowers, but they are dying now (though my mom still has several dahlias growing in her garden).  I'm thinking of doing a study or focus on one thing in particular for a certain amount of time.  For example, maybe I'd focus on learning about light and taking pictures under different types of light - natural, candle, tungsten, etc.  Or, maybe focus on a different colour for one week for the month (taking pictures of things that are blue, or red, or purple).  I could also focus on landscapes, buildings, people, animals...the list and possibility is endless really.  I just don't know what I should do (aside from taking random pictures).  Maybe I could go on a photo walk and just take pictures of different things I see that capture my interest.  I'll figure something out.  In the meantime, if you want to see some of the shots I've posted on my photo blog, click here.

We had to take our car in again this week due to difficulties starting it.  We'd taken it in last week and thought (and hoped and prayed) everything was fine; but then it happened a few more times - the car had trouble starting again.  Turns out the problem was a sensor that was cracked.  The mechanic also told us this sensor had never been replaced and was an original.  He said the way he could tell was that the new sensors are square on the end, and this one was circular.  So, we got it replaced and the car is working great.  The next thing we have to do is take it in for the safety inspection, and that is toward the middle of the month.

Tomorrow is a busy day.  I'm having breakfast with my mom and some of her friends from the horticulture society (this is a weekly event, and I've been joining in when I'm not busy), getting my hair coloured, and going to pick up a reference letter from the teacher I had done my observation and half of my internship with.  I've asked if I could volunteer one or two mornings a week (it will look good on the resume and keep me in the classroom), and we're going to talk about that and whether or not I just wanted to help in her class, which is small this year, or if I wanted to also help in another class/grade.  Not sure what I want to do just now though.  I'll figure something out by then.

Well, heading off to read a little before bed.  Hope your days are blessed and Christ filled!