Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Have I mentioned?

I've gone through a couple boxes of Kleenex already. The nose spray is dwindling down. The Vicks VapoRub has been consitently slathered on. And, The cold pills and NeoCitrine have been ingested every four hours for the last several days.

My nose is running, though that seems a little more recent, I'm congested (that's starting to clear up a little), the sneezing is gale force when it happens, my ear has become somewhat "clogged" (though I can still hear), and I've now developed a raspy, barking cough.

I'm sick.

I hate being sick - mind you, I don't think I know of anyone who actually enjoys being sick, but I digress. I've been fairly lucky this winter season; this is the first cold I've had in awhile. Thankfully, I don't think it's the flu as I don't have any aches, pains, or fever. I've been dealing with this now since this past Saturday - five days. I hope this bug doesn't last much longer.

"If anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick..." (James 5:14-15)
While I don't expect you all to rush up here and anoint me with oil, I sure would appreciate your prayers, offered in faith, for my health to be restored. I hate to complain, so I'll stop here with my post.

Have I mentioned that I hate being sick?

2 comments:

PJ said...

Oh you poor thing...wish I could get you some chicken soup :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Thanks PJ! I had some chicken soup two days this week and it helped some...just wish I could have tasted it, lol!