Pages

Friday, July 03, 2009

7 Quick Takes - Vol. 40

Once again, it's time for 7 Quick Takes, hosted by Jennifer at Conversion Diary. Here is my installment this week:

1. The time for heading off to Australia is drawing closer - only three more days! I haven't started packing yet. I know, I shouldn't procrastinate. However, I am a last minute packer and I am wearing clothes and using items that I'll need to take anyway, so they can't be packed. I need to do some laundry tonight, also. I've been doing some shopping lately as well, as there were things I needed to pick up. Another reason for not packing is that I am afraid of getting everything packed up and then freaking out because I might have forgotten something, and then having to unpack (or root around) and pack up again to check. I will say this, though...I do have a list made up of things to take.

2. I have no idea what I did, but today my back started acting up (lower back near the top of my butt - I know, T.M.I...). It's not hurting, thankfully, but it does feel lame and stiff. I took some Robaxacet about four hours ago, and in another couple of hours I can take some more. I had a nap this afternoon, about the time I took the pills, and when I woke up my back felt stiff.

This is quite similar to what happened last year just before I left for Korea. The only difference was that I had muscle spasms last year and was in a lot of pain. The 16 hour trip (that's the two flights, not including waiting time at the airports), plus the 2-3 hours on a bus afterwards, didn't do anything to help my back then.

Please pray that my back gets better, and that I don't end up pulling something and/or having muscle spasms. I don't want this trip to be spent in pain like last year!

3. We had quite a downpour today. We've gotten a little too much rain for my liking lately, but there's nothing I can do about that. Anyway, we also had a little thunder storm this afternoon. I HATE thunder storms. Thankfully, this one wasn't too bad; however, at one point there was one really loud clap of thunder and flash of lightning - I think something got hit (hopefully just a tree or something like that).

4. My friend, F, can use your prayers. I hope she doesn't mind my asking on her behalf. I won't mention what her situation is, but the Lord knows just what she needs.

5. Yesterday would have been my parents' 49th wedding anniversary. Dad died 10 months ago. I think my mom handled things pretty well - she's strong and showed no signs of being upset. She's more like me though, in that she waits until she's alone to show her emotions (i.e. crying). When I was around, she didn't look as though she'd been crying or anything. I'm sure she was very much aware of the day and that it was the first anniversary since Dad died.

6. As of yesterday, my prof was still waiting for my police check. I had it done last Friday and they wouldn't let me fax it to him (he had asked me to do that). It had to be sent out in the mail, and I was told it would take about a week. A friend of mine said when he had one done it only took a couple of days. But, since there was a holiday here on Wednesday (Canada Day), that might have affected things. Hopefully he got it today. I should check my email to see if there is anything from him with regard to the police check. He didn't call me today, so hopefully that's a good sign! OK, I just checked - nothing from my prof.

7. I am now addicted to Farm Town on Facebook...I thought I'd check it out since my cousin kept sending invites and whatnot for it. I wanted to see what it was about. Big mistake. I am enjoying the game though. Unfortunately, when I am doing my travelling to the Land of Oz, I'll probably loose my crops. Oh well. C'est la vie!

Anyway, that's about it for now. If you are here from 7 Quick Takes (and anyone else), I hope you'll leave a comment so I can visit your blog, too!

Have a blessed and Christ-filled day!