Pages

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Spirit Himself Intercedes For Us


A simple page from my Bible "art" journal .
The colours and painting aren't showing up too
well here.
 Isn't it wonderful to know that when we don't know how to pray that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us?  I don't know how many times, when praying, that I've just not known what to pray for someone or about something.

I feel that I usually seem to pray the same things for everyone going through the same or similar situations. For example, if someone dies, I usually pray for peace and comfort for the family. Yes, I do mean it for everyone, but I just don't feel as though I'm praying the way I should - or could.

I have also prayed and asked for the Holy Spirit to pray on my behalf about something because I didn't know what to pray - especially if it's for one of those vague request which people say, "God knows what it's about." 

Don't get me wrong, I am totally fine with them saying that. I don't need to know the details or what's going on in someone's life. If they want me to know, they'll tell me. And I'm OK with that.

But, I'm looking for better ways to pray. I'm looking for different things I can say in my prayers, rather than seemingly the same things over and over again. I know it's not what we say that counts. God isn't looking for big, flowery words, and I know He knows what is in my heart when I'm praying.  I used to be good at prayer (at least I thought so, and not in a vain way, and have had people tell me that in the past), but somewhere along the line, something changed and I just don't seem to be able to pray all that well.

Thankfully, until I can improve the way or style of my praying, I'm glad the Holy Spirit will intercede for me.  It doesn't mean that when I finally "get it", or improve, that He won't do this any  more. He still will do this.

I guess I should stop focusing on the past and they way I used to pray, and focus on NOW and just keep praying and grow from there.